Today I read Proverbs 14:4:
Where there are no oxen, the manger is clean,
but abundant crops come by the strength of the ox.
I have translated it into my own version: “Where there are no fresh baked goods, the kitchen is clean. But abundant yumminess comes by the strength of the cook.”
Today I didn’t have to leave the house at all. YAY! The kids and I made Grapenut Muffins.
1. Pour 1 cup boiling water over 1 cup grapenuts. Mix well, cool, stir 1 cup oil in well in grapenuts.
2. Mix 1 1/4 white flour, 1 1/4 wheat flour, 2 1/2 t. baking soda, and 1 t. salt.
3. Beat 2 eggs and 1 cup sugar. Add dry ingredients. Stir in 2 cups buttermilk and add 2 cups dry grapenuts (not the ones from step 1). Mix well.
4. Add grapenut mixture from step 1.
5. Bake 15-20 minutes at 350 in greased muffin pans.
*Batter may be refrigerated for several weeks.