This photo was taken at Kaufman park. I want to do a photo tour of St. Louis playgrounds. Check out more of the photos on my Facebook account.
Heidi requested the following recipe and I thought I’d put in on my blog since it’s been forever since I’ve done that. I got this recipe from Heather Henning and we LOVE it. It makes a lot and freezes well.
3 lb chicken thighs (Aldi sells a 3 lb bag of boneless skinless thighs)
3 T vegetable oil
1 medium onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 inch ginger, grated
1 T curry (or more)
2 T water
4 C chicken stock
1/2 t salt
1/2 to 1 C heavy whipping cream
1. Cut chicken into bite size pieces (this takes FOREVER).
2. Heat oil in pot. Add onion and cook until golden brown.
3. Add garlic, ginger, and curry. Cook 30 seconds.
4. Add chicken and 2 T water. Cook until chicken looses raw color (3-5 min or more).
5. Add chicken stock and salt. Boil.
6. Simmer till chicken is cooked (20-30 min).
7. Add cream.
Serve over rice with toppings: bananas, apple, raisins, coconut, etc.