It’s been a long time since I’ve put a recipe on my blog…it’s been a lot time since I’ve cooked. Here’s a new one from Eating Well, a magazine Kirk and I subscribe to.
– 4 meduim potatoes
– 8 oz ground beef
– 1 C broccoli florets, finely chopped
– 1 C water
– 1 C cheddar cheese
– 1/2 C sour cream
– 1/2 t salt
– 1/4 t pepper
– 3 scallions, sliced (I omitted these, yuk!)
DIRECTIONS: (my simplified version)
1. Bake potatoes in microwave, or oven if you have the time.
2. Meanwhile, brown meat in skillet. Drain. Put in large bowl and set aside. Cook broccoli and water on high until broccoli is tender (about 4-5 min.). Drain broccoli and add it to the meat.
3. Cut off the top third of the baked potatoes. Spread the tops with butter and eat while still hot. Scoop out the insides and put in a medium bowl. Place potato shells in a small baking dish.
4. Add 1/2 C cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper (I also added some milk to make them creamier) to potato insides and mash with a fork or potato masher.
5. Add scallions and potato mixture to the broccoli and meat; stir to combine.
6. Evenly divide the potato mixture among the potato shells and top with the remaining 1/2 C cheese. Microwave on high until the filling is hot and the cheese has melted, 2-4 min.
7. Eat! If you’re crazy about sour cream like me you will put more on the top before eating them.