– 4 C Bisquick mix
– ¼ C (1/2 stick) butter, room temperature
– 1 C shredded cheddar cheese (sharp cheddar is best)
– 1 ¼ C milk
– Salt and cayenne pepper to taste (at least ¼ t. each)
– Optional: substitute garlic salt for salt.
1. Pre-heat oven to 425.
2. In a large bowl, combine Bisquick, salt, and cayenne pepper.
3. Add butter and shredded cheese until well-mixed.
4. Add milk gradually, stirring until consistency is wet but thick (holds together when lifted with spoon).
5. Drop by teaspoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet at least 1” apart, or fill individual muffin tins 2/3 full.
6. Bake 9-11 minutes or until biscuits are lightly browned on top.
7. Serve. (Biscuits are best enjoyed while still warm.)
From: Carrie Jones (quick version of her grandmother’s recipe)