-2 ½ C all-purpose flour
-1 t baking soda
-½ t salt
-1 C shortening
-1 ½ C packed brown sugar
-1 ½ t vanilla
-1 12 oz. package (2 C) chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 375.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, stir together shortening, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla until mixture is smooth.
4. Add dry ingredients to sugar and shortening mixture and beat until well combined.
5. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Roll cookies into small balls or drop from a teaspoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Cookie sheet should fit 12-16 cookies.
7. Bake in oven fore 8-10 minutes or until tops of cookies are golden brown.
8. Remove cookies and cool for 10 minutes.
9. Enjoy (preferably with milk)!
From: Beth Buerge